Thursday, June 26, 2008

Months/Countries

I had been hoping to come up with 12 different countries to pray for over the next 12 months, with 1 country being focused on intensely each month. However, as I am going through my list of countries I have so far in my mind, as well as other potentials to pray about, I have around 8-10 that I really feel like investing time and prayers in, and after that I feel like I am just trying to add random ones to make the final number 12. I am thinking about the following plan instead: 10 months/countries to pray for, which would last from July 2008 through April 2009. Then, following the time praying for each country I would take one final month to LISTEN to God, while reflecting on everything I had prayed and learned about over the previous 10 months. Hopefully by the end of May I would have decided on a country, which would then leave 40 days to raise support. 

Supposing this plan were carried out completely, and everything works out the way this roughly says it should, the departure time would be between mid- and late-July, 2009.

Does this make sense? 11 months of prayer, and about 1 month (plus a few extra days) for support raising.

A plan, journey, and adventure that, at that point, will have been 1 year in the making.

No comments: