Saturday, July 5, 2008

Potential Number 10

Not the 10th potential, but a potential idea for slot #10 (if you haven't, read the list below).

Ate dinner with Linda Marceau today, those of you at Riverside know who I am talking about. But for those of you that don't know, well, then I guess it is just a random name for you. We were talking about her idea, and before she even knew I had an opening and was taking suggestions for slot number 10. 

A friend of mine from Riverside and his wife are in the process of moving to Dominica. Different from the Dominican Republic, but I am not exactly sure how. Until he was bound to live there, I honestly thought it was the same place. He is going to be a missionary there while his wife is in school. When it comes down to it, thats the only information I have, but here is a link to his blog, which has a map of the country and some pictures and such. Now, mind you, its a personal blog as well, so along with stories of ministry, you may find stories about the Boston Red Sox (I know, I know, I don't understand why either). Miller Time

Also, Prague, Czech Republic. Axis led a group there this past spring, and I remember them talking about the trip, and how, even though the city is so beautiful, hardly anybody smiled. No smiling? Come on now, why not? Thats a potential for number 10 as well. 

1 comment:

Ryan Miller said...

I pick Dominica for #10 from an entirely objective perspective.
okay, obviously not "objective" whatever that means these days or any days for that matter...
Top 10 reasons for Dominica
1- G-d is already there!
2- I'm there!
3- Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom filmed Pirates there!
4- So did Keira Knightley, which is probably cooler, right?
5- It's a nature man's paradise for backpacking, snorkeling, scubadiving, whale watching, and swinging through vines in the junble without worrying about lions, tigers and bears... oh my! Yes, no mean critters in the jungle!
6- The Carib people are exremeley hospitable
7- it's the only Carib island that hasn't been ruined by tourism, and they pride themselves in being the only natural island left.
8- you can eat bananas all day long and play dominos with the locals while drinking local beer at the shacks b/c that is just how the people are down there... VERY laid back!
9- dominica is english speaking! you can pick up some creole and french too, but not to worry about learning it...
10- they have the only original Carib natives (preColumbus) left in the Caribbean
Bonus 11 - there is A TON to do in the name of Jesus!!!!!!!